Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Il Fait Froid

Gotta love Louisiana weather, or gotta hate it? I can never figure it out. Two days ago, it was hot and humid. We were running the air conditioner. That's a winter in South Louisiana for ya. Today, it's freakin' cold!

I'm no Dick Farot, but currently it is 37 degrees Fahrenheit, with a wind chill of 28. Two days ago, it was in the 80s. I know everyone complains about the weather, but I love the winter. I wish it was cold longer. A few weeks of winter is not enough for me. Hell, it isn't even enough to kill the mosquitoes.

Tonight, we are predicted to have "winter precipitation." Now, you know some coonasses are not prepared for that! All Lafayette Parish public schools have been closed for tomorrow, along with most private schools. However, UL is still open. That university never closes, except at noon on Fridays.

MmmMmm....Some gumbo would be good tonight, cher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need jesus.