Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting ready....

Walking around the apartment complex, I noticed that almost everyone has evacuated. The cars that remain are probably health care workers or vehicles left behind. Most people have left the city. Yesterday, I was driving down Veterans Boulevard in Metairie, and it was a ghost town. It's a wise decision. It appears this storm is not going to be anything nice.

It is currently noon on Sunday, and Gustav should make landfall early Monday morning. I have to report to work in 5 hours. I will be there 24/7 for, what I think, at least a week straight. It is likely cell phones will not work; however, text messaging might. I think I will be safe during the storm. I'm just a little worried that I won't have a home when I return.

I have my bags packed. This is just the stuff that I have not loaded in my car yet. I have enough to survive at least 2 weeks on my own. The hospital will provide us with food and water, but I can't trust anyone but myself. This is my stash.

No comments: