Well, today is Tuesday, and post storm day number 3. In Crowley, we are still out of electricity. That means that out in the country we have no water either. Water wells run on electricity. It's hot! Oh, and for the main part, the house is still in tact. Just a few shingles got knocked off.
Thursday night, Kevin and his ex-before-last girlfriend slept in MY BED. I haven't been staying at home much, so I have not looked for stains yet. I'm going to explode once the juice is in the wires again.
So, out in Ebenezer, we now have 2 generators, and we are borrowing a window unit air conditioner that is temporarily installed in the living room. You know because a tiny window until will use less energy than the big central unit cooling off the entire house. This unit keeps the front of the house a chill 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
We have 6 people staying in our living room. Thank God I am not there. Hot, and a bunch of people that I do not care to be around.
Crowley is on a "Boil Order." This means that anyone one in the city needs to boil their water before using it. The shitty company that I work for gave us bottled water to drink, what a shocker. Unfortunately, they are ignorant. We have well water at work. Suprisingly enough, we have electricity, as well. Since the salt water, from the Gulf of Mexico, did not come this far north there is no danger from that. The water beneath the ground, in the water table, is naturaly filtered by the soil. So that means....it is as clean now as it was before the storm. Wow...idiots run this company. However, I never said that the water was safe. We do dump all our chemicals down the drain.
"Dilution is not the solution to pollution." Thanks Erin, you could not be more right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment