Thursday, July 06, 2006

Chaps My Butt

Just after I turned off my alarm this morning, Katie called. I am glad that I was already awake. We talked, while I ate breakfast and got ready for class. It was something different from the daily routine, and I enjoyed it.

I rode my bike to class, same as always. I parked it on a bike rack closer to the building that I am in. I usually park it a little farther because I don't like riding my bike through crowds of people. I find it annoying when someone, on a bike, is two inches behind me.

I get out of class, and I don't see my bike. Right away, I begin to second guess myself. "Did I really park it on this side of the library?" So, I walk to the other side, my normal parking spot. "Not here either!"

Now before you think it, yes, I locked it up. Really, how stupid do you think I am? Apparently, most people must think I am a complete moron because that is the first question I have been getting asked. I guess people are suprised that I can dress myself and keep the droll on the inside of my mouth. Of course I locked up my bike. I don't live in freakin Mayberry.

I went ahead and filed a police report. I know nothing will come of it, but "just incase." You never know when something is going to come up, or the pawn shop may magically have my bike.
So, now I'm on foot. I have my car, but I'm staying so close to campus that driving is useless. I can drive and park in a parking lot that is 3 blocks closer to campus from where I live. Oh, and I can pay $1.00 to park, plus $0.25 per hour. Hmm....I think not.

Some thugs just moved in downstairs. I guess my car is next to be stolen. Accords seem to round out every Top 10 Stolen Car Lists that I have seen. The bright side is my car has insurance.

Now I'm home, and I'm working on bringing down my hypertension. I'll pass the collection plate for donations.

No comments: