Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh Yes I Did

I have recently noticed that I have a bit of a sinus congestion issue. Of course, who does not have sinus issues in South Louisiana? Anyway, with these problems comes....what's a good way to say it....drainage.

I have never been good at spitting. I just never have enough spit, apparently. Even if I have such drainage, I have about a 50% success rate on getting the job done.

After the rainstorm, I was driving back towards campus. I felt the urge to eliminate some of this drainage from my throat. I don't know what made me think that I could do this without flaw, but I tried it anyway. While driving, I decided to roll down my window and hock one out. I felt something nice and wet on my face. Immediately I think, "Ooh...I think this one failed too." I wipped my face, and it was nothing more than a little saliva. No big deal.

I parked, at school, came into the library, and wrote the previous post. After that, I made a quick pass by McDonald's to eat a bite before my class at 18:30. I decided to sit inside and eat because I had plenty of time.

After leaving McDonald's, I still had plenty of time before class. I didn't have anywhere to go, so I went to Albertsons because it was close. Also, I guess partly because I'm a dork.

While washing my hands in the bathroom, I do the same thing that everyone else does....I check myself out in the mirror. I started to examine my rain jacket. It did an excellent job, and it's bright red, one of my favorite colors. Then, I do a double-take. What's that on my left shoulder? Phlegm! Yes Phlegm! I had been walking around in front of tons of people with this mass of nastiness on my shoulder. Of course I was embarrassed, but I bursted out laughing alone in the bathroom. (Which could be a new complex situation of embarrassment, but no stories there.)

Moral of the Story: If you think you will fail, don't even try.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is VERY funny!