Saturday, March 11, 2006

Buster Update

A week ago today, I got Buster. He is growing so fast. He is getting better at using the bathroom outside, crying less, and he is also learning how to sit and stay. He is a good puppy, when he wants to be. After all, he is still a puppy.

Don't get me wrong, every now and then he makes a mess. He gets upset from time to time when he's alone, and he will take a poop in his playpen. The good thing is that he does it on his "pee pee pads." The bad thing is that he is so worried about being alone and wanting someone to hold him that he ends up walking in his poop and walking all over his pen. It has not happened in a couple of days, so I'm hoping that it's getting better.

He loves playing with his toys. He has tons of fun with balls because they roll away, and he can pounce on them. Outside, he attacks leaves, pine cones, and tall weeds or flowers. The boy loves to play. He can go on and on, but when he decides that he is tired, he will just curl up and any spot will do.

Now that he's becoming accustomed to being away from momma and the family, we can start working on his behavior. I can't have him chewing everything around him. He'll end up tearing the house to pieces. He has come so far in just a week, and I think, by next week, he will become even more obedient. Maybe he can be a show dog! Haha...Well, maybe not. I don't plan on being that strict with him. I just want him to be a happy puppy that doesn't tear everything up, uses the bathroom outdoors, and knows how to act in front of people.

On a separate note, I get a kick out of reading bumper stickers. I saw two, on a truck, that was on campus, and I had take a picture of them.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, he's so cute! A good way to protect important, yet difficult to hide stuff (like the bottom of a sofa) is to spray it with doggy deodorant. It's like dog repellant. They hate the smell. So cute!

Bee-ryan said...

Awesome, thanks. Helpful hints are always good.

Anonymous said...

He's so precious! Ahhhhh...I miss my dog.

Mrs. D said...

So cute!