Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 1: Hurricane Season Begins

Still today, we are living in the devistation of Hurricane Katrina, the only hurricane last year. It seems like before we can turn around, another active season is upon us. The predictions seem pretty bad, but I can only pray that it will not ruin too many lives.

With that, Happy Hurricane Season 2006! If you are in a low-lying area, I hope that you have learned how to EVACUATE. Take everything you need, who knows what you're going to come back to. I don't live far from the coast either. I wish everyone the best.

2 comments:

Kent said...

hate to be a stickler, but you might wanna check your title again... i believe it was June first. :) but FYI, it was also the inaugural day for Ray Nagin's reinstatement as mayor.

Bee-ryan said...

Wow...thanks for noticing. For some reason, I always get those 2 months confused. Both summer months, side by side, both four letters beginning with J. Small brains...haha