Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris, Justin Long and Luis Guzmán are just a few of the random employees at a Bennigan's-like restaurant (called Shenanigan's), killing time before their real lives get started. But while they wait, they'll have to deal with picky customers who want their steak cooked to order and enthusiastic managers who want to build the perfect wait staff. Luckily, these employees have effective revenge tactics.Tonight, I watched Waiting...I thought it was just OK. Having spent too much of my life in the same situation, I thought this movie was a little more tame than the actual restaurant life. The movie took a much slower pace than reality, and it was so quiet. A real restaurant is noisy, very noisy. Although, I'm sure it is more quiet for the public's viewing pleasure, and that it is filmed in a slower pace because it would be hard to follow if it were in real time.
Of course, there were several situations that were not covered in this film. No one was stiffed, only small tips. Small tips are a classic sign that you are working at a Bennigan's like restaurant, anyway. There were no Canadians (408s), Pentecostals, large parties, sex in the cooler, running side work, screaming multiple managers, screaming people on the line thinking that they have power, diva waitresses, and no one was in the weeds. I have to give credit because everything that it touched on, does happen, except for the "alpha sprouts." I'm so sure that you could put that on someone's plate without them noticing.
Overall, as I said before, the movie was OK. It could have been so much better. They should have contacted me.







No comments:
Post a Comment