I forgot to blog about it when it happened, but Kevin turned 30 on January 26th. His girlfriend bought him an entire new bedroom set. She must have spent a fortune. I must admit; it is pretty nice. Nevertheless, the boy is still living with momma, after 30 years.
Friday night, I didn't get home until about 3am. Upon arriving, I noticed that there was an extra vehicle in the parking lot that we call a driveway. For me, this meant that I had to park a fairly good distance away from the house. So, to get this straight, there were 4 cars parked, all side by side, from the door where we enter the house. After the 4th vehicle, was Kevin's boat. So, I had to park in the "6th slot" if you get my drift.
Well, I was not too pleased. I have the newest vehicle, and I had to park in the mud. Not only getting mud on my shoes, but tracking it back into my car the next day. I decided to be real mature about the situation. I was going down the driveway at a relatively quick pace, and I veered off the driveway, and slammed on my breaks once I was onto the grass. This tore up the yard a little and left some tiny ruts. I wanted to leave my mark. It also made me feel pretty good. We usually always park straight, but I was positioned at a 45 degree angle from everyone else. So....ruts and an angle, I wanted to make sure they noticed.
Then, I go into the house. Everyone is asleep, and I proceed to slam everything that I touch, which were the doors, refrigerator, cabinets. Now, I didn't slam them too hard because I didn't want to mess anything up or be too loud. Just loud enough to be noticed. Oh, and I kept saying, "I hate living here."
As if I wasn't annoyed enough, I noticed that Kevin has been using some of my bathroom stuff. I already have to take things like soap and toothpaste and lock them in my desk. If I don't, we will run out, and he won't buy anymore. He's a mooch. Remember? So, me, the college student just making enough to pay the bills, has to support the FLUF that brags about making +$60K a year.
So, noticing that he used something else of mine tonight, was just the icing on the cake. In the process of all of this, I woke up Mom. She came and started pulling on my doorknob, but it was locked. I didn't want anyone coming into my room because privacy isn't something that I get at home. As I am told, "we share everything."
She never knocked on my door. No one knocks. They just barge in. She kept turning the knob, applying more and more pressure. Finally she said, "Brian?"
In a rude tone, I said, "Yes?"
She said, "What's the matter?"
I said, "I am sick and tired of having to park in the _____ rice fields because someone, who doesn't live here, and who owns their own home is here AGAIN!"
To that, she replied, "Oh." Then, she went back to bed.
Nothing was ever discussed about this later. No solution....No anything. It was just swept under the rug. They assumed I was drinking. That's what Kevin's girlfriend thought. Much to the contrary, I had nothing to drink. I was just tired of a really crappy situation.
This semester, I have a really hectic schedule. Since I am living in Crowley, the buttcrack of Louisiana, I can't exactly go home and eat lunch. So, to avoid spending lots of money and gaining lots of weight, I started buying things to make sandwiches and bringing my own lunch everyday.
It's well-known that Kevin wakes up during the night and eats everything that he can find. To avoid my food from being devoured, I kept in the shopping bag, and I put a note on it that says, "Do Not Eat." I left it in the bag so the visual of food wouldn't be tempting. He's usually too lazy to open things. That is, until he discovers what it is. After that, he'll eat it all until it's gone.
This morning, I noticed that my bag was untied. Also, my unopened package of cheese, had now been opened and 2 slices were missing. Yes, I arrange things in a certain way and count them to see if anything is missing. I am that petty. I have to be.
Basically, the outcome is now I have to suck it up to Kevin eating all of my food. I could confront him about it, but that wouldn't get anything accomplished. He would treat me like I'm stupid, and tell me that I use his things, which I don't. He doesn't buy any food, so I can't eat that. I don't use or borrow any of his stuff. (Although I should, since he wore a pair of my good running shoes to paint his girlfriend's house spilling paint all over them.) I don't even go into his room because I have no desire. I don't owe him a thing. I prefer to keep it that way.
Plus, if I bring anything up, my parents will look at me like I'm the monster. Also, they may offer to pay for it, or take the blame that they ate it. So, once again, they are protecting their precious Kevin. I don't want their money. It's time for Kevin to face up to reality. They bow down to him like he's royalty, and I have no clue as to why.
I am still highly irritated, and the day that I move out cannot come soon enough. It's driving me crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
for a small fee...i will break his kneecaps
Post a Comment