Monday, February 20, 2006

One of MANY

There are millions of little things that get under my skin. In fact, there are so many that I couldn't possibly make one post to include them all.

For the past couple of meals, I have been eating gumbo. MmmMmm...mais I love me some gumbo, cher. I have a big pet peeve when it comes to gumbo. I am sure you're saying, "What could possibly get on his nerves about gumbo?" Well, leave it to me to find something, but I will say that the gumbo is just the innocent by-stander in it all.

Whether you choose to eat seafood, or chicken and sausage gumbo, the story remains the same. There will always be someone that tries to "fish" all the "meat" out of the gumbo. It just so happens that my dad is one of these fishermen.

I don't know what you think, but in my opinion, gumbo is always better the next day. Tonight, while I was serving myself, I noticed that we had a vast amount of the roux stock. (I guess that's what you would call it.) On the other hand, the meat was barely detectable. I did some fishing of my own. I was not greedy. I even took less than I would prefer, but since dad fished most of the meat out last night, it did not leave too much for tonight.

To sum it up, the left-over gumbo that we usually have in this happy home typically consists of rice with a whole lot of gravy. [sigh]

1 comment:

The Getup Kid said...

I know how you feel. My world at home is filled with aggravations. The latest (and probably least) is the fact that when I let my younger sister borrow my clothes she returns them (if at all) on wire hangers when I keep all mine on plastic hangers. Just stupid shit that pisses me off alot.