After Hurricane Rita passed through the region of Southwest Louisiana, I noticed something a little strange on Atkinson Road, in Crowley. A trailer that had been previously abandoned with the windows blown out and a torn up roof was covered in tarps, after the storm. This trailer had been empty for quite a while, and no attention was given to it during previous thunderstorms.
Low and behold, now near that trailer sits a FEMA trailer. Yes, this is another example of trashy people trying to get all they can out of the government, even going so far as to post a fraudulent claim. Is there a way to prove this? I am not sure.
I have heard about people making untrue claims often, in recent times. I hope they know, the government is looking for you, and they are going to get their money back one way or another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I work at an apartment community and you would be shocked how many times FEMA agents have come in inquiring about "residents" requesting help because their apartment was uninhabitable. First of all, not one single apartment on our property was uninhabitable. Second, 1/2 of the people filing these claims don't and didn't live here at all. A lot of the fraudulent claims are coming from the West coast (or so the FEMA agents tell me). But I'm sure just as many are coming from around here too. I wonder if they're going to prosecute the people making fraudulent claims.
One of my students here in Korea said his uncle has gotten 2 $40,000 checks that he didn't request, for damage to his house. Only there was no real damage-they barely flooded and just had to change the carpets... But did they send the money back? Noooo, of course not.
Anyway, look at my blog and see my new puppy!!!!! I was jealous of yours and been wanting a dog to terrorize the cat for a while now :)
I think this is so sickening! I personally know alot of people in the Cameron/Creole area that have had to go through hell and back, just to get a claim in with the insurance company. (That's a whole OTHER problem they're having.) Anyway, these poor people came out with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except for what they could carry. Yet, we have people here in our area that are taking checks left and right because they "need the money". Please...give me a break!
Post a Comment