I decided that I am not finished with my cell phone bashing. Today at the track, I noticed not one, but several, people holding their cell phones while walking/running. Some where talking, and some where sending text messages, and others...well, I guess they were just waiting for that important call.
Still, I do not see the need to be in touch at all times. When I am at the track, it is me and the track. The only other thing I have is my MP3 player. The tunes keep me going. I feel that the track is therapy. It is a time for me to take out my agression, a time to think, and a time to be alone. If I was waiting for a call, I would get stressed out. Then, I would be defeating one of the purposes of being at the track.
I have moments where I have to disconnect from everyone. It is not often, but I like to take the time here and there to do it. It gives me time to appreciate other things in life. My friends are great, and I love talking to most of them. However, it is nice to escape all the distractions that are now considered a daily part of life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
What kind of mp3 player do you have? I want to get one (to work out with) and run to Bang She Bangs! like Miranda on Sex and the City. I'm not sure what to choose. Any suggestions?
I have a Creative Zen. They have come out with much better ones now. I like mine. It holds a ton of songs, and it has a 24-hour battery life. Creative makes some really great ones now, and accessories to go along with it. I got mine at Brookstone with a giftcard. If I were to do it all over again, and if I didn't have the gift card, I would research more and find out what is the best one with the best accessories. Ipod has the most, but everyone has an Ipod.
Post a Comment