Monday, May 15, 2006

My name is Kevin, and I played football in high school. Now, I'm a 30 year old mailman that lives at home with my momma.

As you well know, yesterday was Mother's Day, and that usually brings about a family gathering. During the get-together at our house, the subject of school and grades came up. Of course, the person inquiring about grades was my lovable brother.

He asked how my grades were for the semester. I am not ashamed in the least. I said, "I have all A's." His response: "Well, you sure try a lot harder now that you gotta pay for it." I am immediately ticked off. I know exactly what he was implying, and I won't keep my mouth shut around him like I have done for so many years. I said, "'Now that I gotta pay for it?' Who the F _ _ _ you think paid for it before?"

I am still furious at his remark. This evening, I asked mom if she had heard him make that comment. She said, "yes," and cocked a grin. A grin that meant: "You know how Kevin is."

I said, "Well, it isn't over; I'm going to bring it up again." She looked up at me, and I asked her, "Why do you think he said that?" She replied, "Apparently he thinks that we paid for everything when you were in school before."

Leave it to that lazy, fat, dumb, excuse for a human being, to sling around accusations. The boy has no clue. My entire college career, no one paid for me, except for me. Sure, I had TOPS. Who earned TOPS? Me. I had an apartment, a vehicle (several actually), utilities, phones, books, tuition, an appetite, and no one supported that other than me. I feel like I can't express the extent of the matter to which I am pissed off.

I think that this just shows that FLUF is jealous. Up until my second semester at UL, he would try to tell me to quit school each and every day. He quit LSUE 2 weeks into his second semester, and he couldn't imagine me going any farther than him. He is the type of person that is always looking for the easy fix. That can easily be seen by peeping into his bathroom cabinet that contains all of his weight loss pills, including pills with labels that say, "Loose weight while you sleep!" How lazy can you be? (By the way, I can take a picture of him to show how they do not work.)

The more I think about it, the closer I am coming to a decision. Before long, I'll be moving out of this house. I'll be moving out for a second time, before Kevin moves out for the first time. When I do it, I'm thinking about cutting all ties. I have no desire to speak to him, ever. I have absolutely zero use for someone who has to constantly put me down to make himself feel better, whether it is true or not. I'll see him at family gatherings, and that'll probably be the extent of it. That is, if I decide to attend.

1 comment:

begijn said...

You are hereby invited to join our sorry sibling society. Dedicated to the continued gossiping about, cursing, and debasing of our sorryass siblings.
Your blog cracks me up. Congrats on the grades.
(Buy yourself that snappy wool CK blazer and parade yourself in front of Kevin.)