Friday, May 12, 2006

OH yeah! [Chic-ah-chic-ah]

Today is Friday. I took my last final, and I ain't got shit to do. Man, what a great feeling. This morning, starting at 07:30, I took my last final of the semester. It was in Louisiana History. I LOVE that class. The final had a large essay question, six identifications, multiple choice, and short answer questions. I kicked names, and took ass. That's right. I didn't stutter.

I wrote so much on that final that my wrist was hurting by the time that I turned it in. My essay....Well, it was on no one other than Crowley boy, Edwin Washington Edwards. I need to find a book more in detail about Edwards. Of course, I couldn't leave out the globally recognized election in our state. "The election from hell. The wizard verses the lizard." Wow, you've gotta love Louisiana politics. It's a hard decision to pick between a crook and a neo-Nazi "racial realist," as Duke calls himself.

I will end this post with a couple of funny quotes that Edwards used during his campaign, when running against David Treen, for the governors office in the 1984 term. Edwards did not think that Treen was suited for Louisiana politics, and he often made fun of him. He once said, "[Treen is] so low that it takes him an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes." Also, being confident that he would win the election against Treen, Edwards said, "The only way that I will lose this election is if I am caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, CONGRATULATIONS! ( And ya gotta love those Crowley politics. It seems we lived in the breeding ground for the not-so-straight politicians.)