Sunday, July 10, 2005

No Escape

Monday through Friday, my days are all the same. My alarm rings at 06:50. I wake up thinking, how much I hate my current job. I eat breakfast, while I watch ABC News. (I hate CBS because Lori Meaux-Steele may pop up on KLFY, and she's the most aggravating person on the planet.) I eat just about the same thing every morning, either cereal or pancakes with orange juice.

I get to work in about 12 minutes. I have to check in with the guard. As I am driving through the plant, the smell of vitamins makes me want to vomit. I get to work, clock in, then enter the QC lab. Upon entering the lab, in about 0-5 minutes, Eva decides to jump my shit about something. She makes up something stupid every single day. No validity to any of her arguments. I'm going to explode on her, and soon.

I grab my 8 standards that I have to run on my machine every 24 hours, then I begin my day. I have to prep my standards, then put them on the machine and let it run. It takes about an hour and a half to run them all. Eva comes look at my machine, then she bitches at me because I am running a Biotin standard. I test for Biotin everyday, so I have to run a standard for Biotin everyday. It's the way that it is supposed to be, but she doesn't understand. I just grin and bear it.

While my standards are running, I make mobile phase (to dilute my samples) and/or start prepping the samples that have appeared on the cart. I make 10 liters of mobile phase daily. I use it all! I run an excessive amount of samples. Each samples takes 100 mL to dilute. Most have a second dilution, but that only uses 9 mL of my diluent. So, to figure out the calculations...I run about 100 samples per day. (At 100 mL per sample, and using 10 L....that yields 100 samples.)

During the day, while I'm busting my butt...I get bombarded with new samples that are coming in and need to be done NOW. I say, "Yeah-yeah...put it in line. I'll get to it, when I get to it." I take an hour lunch everyday, unlike some people, because that is MY time. I use all of my time! I know they do not realize how much I don't care. Also, they can't figure out that it takes more than one person to do my job.

I leave late everyday. Too much to do, too little time.

I get home. Mom's here. She is always here. I hate living at home. I walk in, and mom says: "You back?" or "You made it?" I can bet money on it. She says it every single day. I have come to not even pay attention to it, eventhough it's like nails scratching on a chalkboard.

At that point, I walk to my room and remain there for the remainder of the night. I hate my working life, and I hate my homelife. I am not sure others fully understand. In fact, I know this.

Kevin is an asshole, and he treats everybody like shit. Everyone here has to alter their lives to accommodate him. Well, I bring up stuff to mom, and she takes his side each time. No matter what, they bow to King Kevin. I am not sure why, but that's the way of life around here. So, I stay in my room and avoid it all.

Monday through Friday, I'm at work or home. No escape. I am stuck in this life, this life of nothingness.

No comments: