Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Do What I Do

Ok, I have to let you in on what is not a secret. I'm not particularly happy at my job. I know, it may have come as a shock, but I had to put the truth out there.

The trend is that when people quit, they do not hire a new people to replace them. Simply, more work is tacked onto everyone else. However, I think that my station is a wee bit too busy for them to tack on anything more.

My tactic: If you play stupid all the time, eventually they will quit asking you questions. Most importantly, you will not get asked to take on new responsibilities.

Some of you may consider it unfortunate for others to think that you're stupid, but I have found enjoyment in it. Sometimes the more you know, the more you have to do. I don't plan on moving up in the company, so why learn new things. My resume is full as it is anyway. If I perform any new tasks, I will be over the one page limit.

2 comments:

Bee-ryan said...

There really isn't much to learn here. It's a lab, and I am a lab tech. The entire facility is run the same since I was began about 500 years ago. I work in the Quality Control lab, and the building that it is located in...Well, it's a BARN.

Bee-ryan said...

I did some back-posting to catch you up.