Monday, April 11, 2005

Should I?

Last week, I had a conversation with an attorney. We were discussing college. He missed his college days, eventhough they were not very long ago.

Personally, I do not miss my college days because they just ended. I mentioned to him that when I originally decided to major in Biology, I was in persuit of one day becoming a Physical Therapist. He told me that I should go back. I have been thinking about him making those comments. I don't feel as though I am ready to go back to school this instant. However, after evaluating the diverse positions that I have held, I hold my job at Lafayette General Medical Center very high. In fact, I consider it one of the best jobs that I ever had.

While working at LGMC, I met many great people, the same as I have with most jobs. I just felt great about myself. I was helping those who were ill. I did get aggravated by the physicians, but I took comfort in knowing that I did an exceptional job. I engulfed myself in the medical information. I took part in discussions about patients and symptoms. I even went as far as to take a class on reading the electrocardiographs, and I learned many different aspects about the electrophysiology of the human heart.

Keeping all of this in mind, I am feeling that I may have a part in health care. I am not sure where but somewhere. I may have to brush off the books sometime in the future and take that leap into medicine.

No comments: