
Here is a picture of Erica, Kara, and myself taken on March 17, 2002. Kara is 25 today! I would like to officially extend the warmest welcome to the "half-way to 50 club. "
I first met Kara freshman year at Crowley High School. The memories are flooding back. Standing in the freshman locker section, Erica introduced me to Kara. I remember Kara checking me out when I walked into her class, wearing my P.E. uniform. (Don't think that got past me.) Sophomore year, I picked up the phone and made the call. We had never spoken much before, but we did talk for a while on the phone that night. One morning, we stayed on the phone until 4am! Man...how high school is that.
Sophomore year, we had separate lunches. She always slipped notes into my locker. I want to say that she had my combination. Anyway, it was always exciting to get notes. I guess I am still like that today because I always get excited when people leave a comment on my blog or send me an e-mail.
Junior year, we had the same lunch. EVERYDAY, I ate sandwiches, and Kara always offered her Doritos. I would take the Doritos and add a little crunch to my sandwich. Yum...that was good. I haven't had a Dorito Sandwich since.
Kara, by the way, "I am from planet Curton." I miss you.







No comments:
Post a Comment