Thursday, April 14, 2005

Give Me Freedom

I have come to a conclusion. I am not a business man. Actually, I knew it all along, but I was trying to make it work. The insurance business is not for me.

I went over the numbers, and it appears that I have been working 70 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Now, that does not include the work that I have to do when I get home to prepare for the next day.

This week has been so tiresome, and I actually sold my first policy. I have been busy working 70 hours this week, and Bob (my General Agent = Boss) wants me to fill my Saturday with studying for ProStart, and also on my next certification. In addition to that, I have tons of stuff to catch up on for work. He has already planned my Sunday. First off, I have to stand outside of St. John's Cathedral and invite parishoners over to view their new KC home. That'll take about four hours if I do 2 masses. At 18:00, I have to go to the office and make phone calls for 1.5 hours. Then, I will just be getting home around 20:30, and it will be time to start the week all over again.

I am SICK of it. Neither have I seen paycheck #1, nor dollar #1. I should be getting paid tomorrow, but it's going to be a "draw check," not the salary that I was promised that would be an addition to my commissions. A draw check is basically a cash advance on commissions that I haven't made yet. The plan is to see what I get paid tomorrow, and Sunday, I will arrive with all of my forms and supplies that they provided me. I will simply tell Bob that this is not working out for me, and I will take a small job in Crowley.

Right now, to work for the KC's is costing more money than I'm making. I put over 100 miles on my car everyday, and I'm not making any money. I figure that if I get a job in Crowley, I can drive my car for over 2 weeks on a tank of gas, and I will, at the very least, make minimum wage, which will pay the bills.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey boo.. just wnted to say hang in there . Things will start to look up.