Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Not the New Guy

Today, a girl that I worked with at SPL interviewed with us. They asked me about her, and I gave a thumbs up. She ended up getting the job.

It appears that 4 new people are starting on Monday, which means that I will no longer be the newest kid on the block. We have been severely short-handed. I heard the Assistant Lab Manager asking the Lab Manager about where everyone is going to be placed. I heard where they were placing a few people, then the Lab Manager looked around to see if I was in the room. From that, I get the feeling that I am going to be moving. I don't really know how to feel about that.

I hate my job anyway. Are they going to fire me? They don't have a reason because I haven't done anything wrong, but that never stopped them from firing people before. They already went through the Holocaust.

I have had no training. On my first day, I was working alone. Today was day #8, and finally, my questions have almost disappeared. Actually, I am surprised that I caught on so quickly. I guess it doesn't take much. If you have worked in one lab; you have worked in them all. If you can follow a recipe, you can work in a lab. If I get the job at Baker-Hughes, I won't feel bad about quitting since they haven't spent any time or money in training me. They have been backed up, and I think we're up to speed now.

I don't know if they are going to move me, but I don't know why they were being quiet about it. They may not have even been talking about me, but I always expect the worse. Is it a promotion/demotion? Who knows? Who cares? I don't like what I do now, and I don't think that I could like anything else that I do at this company. They could surprise me.

No comments: