Last night, I started thinking about something that I haven't given much thought to before, grad school. I looked up information the GRE, and I visited the websites of UL, LSU, and MSU. I'm afraid. I have never considered grad school before, and now I'm almost excited when I think about it.
Today, I went to work at 08:00, like every other day. A few weeks ago, I was getting to work at 07:30 or 07:45, but I was told that I work "8 to 5." Also, I had been leaving at 6pm or later everynight. I decided that it had to stop. I could leave everynight at ten, and I still would not be caught up. So, I decided to destress a little, and I leave at 5pm...no matter what doesn't get done.
Red is the newest addtion at work, and she's cool. She reminds me a lot of Cypress. I think I tell her that almost everyday. Lately, we have been talking a lot in the lab, but we still manage to get our work done. It doesn't slow us down at all. We work while we talk. We are in fairly close quarters.
Today, Lady E, the 63 year old bag, got pissed at us talking. I saw it when she stormed through the lab and she slammed the door. She is messy. She will be sweet as pie to your face, and as soon as you turn around, she starts talking shit. Right before I left, I saw her bitching to the lab manager saying, "You need to tell them something about all the talking!" She thinks that we aren't going to get any work done. I know that I get the same amount of work done, and I have the heaviest load. What lady E didn't notice was that I was standing right behind her as she was ranting and raving. I kept my cool, eventhough it was very difficult. I am not sure what made me refrain from opening my mouth. However, I did walk out and close the door louder than normal. You know, just enough to show that I was there, and that I heard. Oh, and as I was walking out, I said, "I hate this fucking job."
I have been working at Company W for a month now. I have yet to have a "good day." They are all bad. Every minute of every horrible, sweaty hour...awful. A good day will never come. I will never catch up, and there will never be a light at the end of the tunnel. I have been leaving only 15-30 minutes late each day, and I am already drowning in work. They extra hours that I had been putting in was just keeping my head above water. Not anymore...I don't put in the overtime, and I'm drowning. However, I do not care. I work 8-5.
We are not allowed breaks, and I have heard that they try to slip their way out of giving raises. They took away the coffee and the water cooler. I am stuck, on my feet, in a 90 degree lab, dehydrating, working my tail off. There is no music, and apparently we cannot talk to help ourselves through the day. This job is no better than SPL. I hate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment