A few hours ago, I received a call from Company W. I have a second interview scheduled for 13:30 tomorrow.
When I tell most people about this, they get excited for me. Seriously, to me, it is not good news. The job is in Crowley. Granted, Crowley is a nice little town, but I do not want to live here. Very few of my friends still live here, and those that do...have their own lives. None of my friends from Lafayette will come here. I know this because that's what I have encountered for the past year and 3 months.
Company W works with vitamins and minerals. Have you ever smelled the inside of a vitamin bottle? Well, I have, and it is horrible. I interned there for a year during my senior year in high school. The vitamin smell is absorbed into your skin. It gets into your lungs, and it will forever remain in your car and the clothes that you wear. I am obsessed with scent. My car and my place of dwelling must always smell fresh. Vitamins are not fresh.
I have been reviewing the classifieds for quite some time. I never stopped looking when I got the job at SPL. For the last six months that I worked at Lafayette's, I was constantly reading job listings. I have consistently seen openings at Company W; SPL is guilty of the same. This tells me that it is not a pleasant place to work. I worked there before, and I know what I'm getting myself into. That's why I do not want the job.
Basically, I'm torn between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to work at Albertson's because I have a degree, and yeah...I'm going to say it. I am worth more! Company W will be great experience for me because I will be exposed to much more than I was at SPL, but it will not make me happy. I am still waiting on bigger and better offers, and if I get a bigger and better offer, I am a gone-pecan. The problem with that is I don't want to burn any bridges. I was told that I am highly respected at Company W, and I do not want to compromise that. Working there for only two months will hurt my reputation.
I need to quit freaking out because they haven't even made me an offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
update please?!
Post a Comment