Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Think of Me

Have you ever smelled the inside of your multivitamin bottle? Go ahead and do it now. I will wait for you.

How was that? Awful, huh? Multiply that by 20, and that is what I am exposed to everyday at work. The smell absorbs into my skin, clothes, shoes, and lungs. I washed my hands throughout the day and took a shower; the smell remains. I have lined the seat of my car with washable garmets. Hopefully my new car will not smell horrible.

It is no secret that I am obsessed with scent. Today, I realized where that originated. My Senior year in high school, I worked at the same place that I am working now. Cheryl, Erica, and Katie were always telling me how much I stunk. (Some other people too, but they are not even worth remembering.) Constantly, I was trying to find things to kill the odor and freshen at the same time. This mission continued even after I was no longer an employee there. I can see myself spending a small fortune on things that smell good. It's not hot to smell like vitamins, trust me.

Lady E is a lady that I worked with at Company W. She is still there now. Today she told me, "Brian, I always thought about you everytime I washed dishes in that sink. I remember how you scrubbed that sink, and it came out so clean. You know, it hasn't been cleaned since." Then, we both laughed. That made me feel so special. I was just being my usual OCD self, and she remembered that after all these years.

OH MY GOD! I am FREAKING OUT! I had to interrupt this post because I just got a voicemail. Baker-Hughes is calling me to go in and take a math quiz because they are considering me for mud school! I knew it! As soon as I took another job, they would call. I would so take it too because it is double the money (at least), plus a company car, free gas, free insurance, free cell phone.

Ok...I had other things to post about, but now I am completely done. Lemme go buy a math book.

No comments: