Tonight, Kara and a friend of hers, Kyle, were in Crowley. We tore up that seafood buffet at the Rice Palace, and then we went for a tour of the big city. First Stop: "Our dear ole' Crowley High." It is hard to believe, but Crowley High now has walls! I caught a little glimpse of it through the doors. Amazing! We walked all the way around the school. It's crazy how memories come flooding back. The place hasn't changed much, but it reminds me of how times have changed. We went to the football field, and walked arond the track. It was pitch black, so we didn't stay out there long.
We pulled on the gymnasium doors, and it opened! Walking through the girls' gym, Kara showed me the spot where she first met Erica. (By the way, Erica, Kara says that she hasn't heard from you since your wedding. I know...I know...it takes two.) Now, back to MY story. We walked through the girls' locker room. First time I had been in there!

We went into the boys' gym. WHOOSH! Memories...pep rallies, assemblies, PE, and graduation. I remember when Orlando Thomas gave a motivational speech here. He talked about how you can do anything if you work hard enough. He said that when he was a Freshman at Crowley High, he wanted to play football, but he was too small. So, he started lifting weights. The bar alone was too heavy for him, so he started off with a broom stick with some light weights on each end. Then, he got busted for drugs in Crowley two weeks later. Ahh...dreams...
We also went into the boys' locker room. They have remodelled. I don't know why...the football team sucks now. There is also a bunch of new workout equipment. Sure ain't helping them on the field.
After leaving the home of the "olive and the gold," we rode around and looked at the 500 houses for sale in Crowley. Chook came meet us. We hung out on the swings in the 3rd Street Park, and that pretty much ended the night. They left at around midnight. We had fun, and it was great seeing her again, after over a year.







No comments:
Post a Comment