Hi, my name is Brian, and I am an emotional eater. I do not know how I became a food addict. We didn't have much food around growing up. We never had snacks, and supper-time was not a feast. Maybe I am making up for the lack that I had in my younger years.
I just have too much time to think and dwell on the negative things that have been going on. So, tonight I had a little pitty party. I showered, and attempted to sleep. Well, I could not sleep; therefore, here I am.
I am fighting the urge to eat everything that I can think is around. I am not hungry, for once. The urge continues. Eating makes me happy. I eat when I'm sad because it makes me happy. I eat when I'm happy because it is a way to celebrate. I eat when I'm hungry, so I don't pass out. I eat when I'm bored because there is nothing else to do. I eat when I'm stressed because it helps me cope. I eat alone, and I eat in groups. I eat when I'm fat because what else am I going to do? I eat when I'm exercising because I deserve it. There is never an occassion that is not perfectly complemented by food.
So here I am, awake and depressed, and craving some attention that I can only be quenched by eating. I don't have a friend nearby that I can hang out with. I don't have a roommate that is awake that can distract me. It's just me. It's just me, in my room that I sat in when I was in high school, starring at the same grey walls. I am completely surrounded by objects that will just make me sink deeper into the gloomy life I have created.
Since there is nothing constructive for me to do, I will crawl back into my bed that I made for myself, and lay in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I've discovered you should eat giant Kosher Dill Pickles when you're eating for comfort. They only have like 10 calories. Plus after you eat 3 of them your stomach will start hurting and you'll stop eating. They may even send you for a trip to the bathroom - that's always a cure for boredom. I have a friend who lives alone and she says now when she's bored she poops.
OOhhh Bri... u are too frickin awesome to worry about that. I know times are tough but they can only get better... plus Sandra and I at work say that the 1st half of this year really sucks so... we only have a few more days til June.. It's GONNA get better... or ELSE!!! Hey... and I LOVE FOOD TOO!! but you knew that... =) Also, when you get down like that Bri... you can always give me a call.. reach for the phone...NOT a ding dong... Or as Jessica says... call me and we can Poop together...lol...
Post a Comment