Monday, May 09, 2005

Hold Please

Many, many times I have called a company's customer service. A task that I never desire. When calling, it is never for a good reason. It is always because something has gone wrong, and you have to prepare to be abrasive. Yet, you don't want to be too abrasive because you know that these people deal with that everyday. Getting really irrate will get you nowhere, most of the time.

Every single time that I call, I always get the recording that states: "Due to high caller volume, hold times are longer than normal. Please hold, and someone will answer your call in the order in which it was received."

Also, most times when calling, you have to listen to a five minute recording telling you all kinds of information that is usually useless. After that, you get excited because your call is being transferred. It rings, and you're thinking, "YES! FINALLY!" Now, you get a recording stating that they are already closed, and you have to try again in the 3 hours a day that they are open.

Now, is it only when I call or do they always have high caller volumes? Maybe they should hire more staff to deal with always having high caller volumes. Most companies put customer service as their #1 priority. If that is the case, they need to hire more people and answer my call!

No comments: