Sometimes when I dream at night, I remember having the same dream more than once. Last night, I had an episode that was no different.
We were in the cemetery near my house, in Ebenezer. Actually, I took a walk there, a few weeks ago. Me, and a few others, were standing at my grandfather's burial site. I was very emotional standing there. He is buried beside his parents, and I was also deeply touched by the view of their graves as well.
We always refer to him as "Paw-Paw Rad." Kevin and I never met him. He died at the age of 42, a month after being diagnosed with cancer. Mom had just found out that she was pregnant for Kevin. They told him, but they are not sure that he understood. He passed away on Father's Day.
I was never very close to my mom's dad. He remarried, and we were never really a part of his new live with his new family. He passed away at the end of 2004. Often, I feel like I never had a grandfather, and I consider my Uncle Bob as the grandfather figure in my life.
Years ago, I used to pray that I would dream about Paw-Paw Rad. I wanted him to come into my dreams so that I could get to know the man who I have only heard about. Have those prayers come true now? Is this the beginning of how I will get to know him? Through the pain of his death? I am not sure, but it has been a recurring dream of mine. It has affected me enough to think about it when I am not longer asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Dude, that's cool. I see dreams as the doorway to see inside our souls, and it seems there's some kind of longing for the man that you never knew. Keep searching, and give us a heads up.
I believe in dream visits. I read once that you find it hard to remember what you dreamt about last night, or what you wore to work yesterday, so when you remember a dream vividly, days, months, years later, its more than a dream. I believe it!
Post a Comment