Today was my interview at Our Lady of Lourdes. I was early; they were late. I really do not like interviews, and I'm tired of trying to sell myself. This morning was no different. One of the first questions the guy asked me was: "You have a degree. Why are you applying for this job?"
"EXCUSE ME? Why the fuck did you call me, then?" I'm thinking. This really stinks. I know this isn't the job of my dreams, but I was going to like it. I do not need to be insulted. I should have said, "Excuse me sir, but you have you tried to look for a job in this town lately?" I just simply stated my reasons. I was already pissed off, so my body language did most of the talking. He mentioned that he would check on the other positions that I applied for within the hospital, and get back to me. Mostly because I would be more suited for the other positions.
After the interview, I am not a happy camper. I get a call again from Company W. It was Joel, the General Manager of the company. He called to offer me a job, and I accepted. I finally have a job. Also, I was surprised at the pay. I start tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Congrats with the job. Good luck!
Congratulations on the new job! Interviewers say the most stupid things. I had an interviewer tell me once that they weren't interested because "Some people misrepresent themselves on their resume'" I wanted to knock her out since she basically called me a liar. It's been many months (like 7) and it still aggravates me. Anyway, sorry your interview was bad. I hope you like the new job.
Post a Comment